Mount Bromo Eruption has increased during the past two weeks. Ash emissions of fluctuating intensity began early December and have been near continuous. On 7 Dec, a narrow plume extended 150 km south from the volcano. The past few days, the ash emissions have been weaker and mainly drifted westwards, causing Malang's airport in only 30 km distance to close down temporarily. An exclusion zone of 2.5 radius around the crater is in place. Alert level remains at 3 ("siaga") on a scale of 1-4. There is not any effected for visitors to enjoy Mount Bromo Sunrise Tour from the second highest summit.
A sharp increase in volcanic tremor recorded this morning from the Crater prompted the Indonesian Volcanological Survey to raise the alert level for this mountain from 1 (normal) to 2 (unrest) on a scale of 1-4.
Except for a weak steam and gas plume rising 50 m from the crater, there are no other changes suggesting any immediate eruption. The last eruption was between late 2010-March 2011 and caused extensive damage by ash fall on nearby villages.
Concerning about Mt Bromo Eruption in December 2016, the local government prohibited the foreign and domestic visitors to do Mount Bromo tour to the Bromo Crater, Sea of Sand and Mount Pananjakan (the highest peak in tengger massif), The visitos only suggested to enjoy Mount Bromo and view from the second highest peak named Seruni Point. Due to Bromo Volcano Eruption is in being active.
Mount Bromo also called Gunung Bromo in Indonesia Language. This Mount is one of an active volcano in Indonesia and part of the Tengger massif. Its elevation at 2,329 metres (7,641 ft), still lower than Mount Semeru at 3,636 meters high. It is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Java Island, Indonesia. The tourism belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Mount Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. Sulfur is collected from inside the caldera by workers.
Eruption History of Mount Bromo
- The original Tengger mountain was built up by eruption of pyroclastic deposits and lava flows to a height of 4500 m. called Ngadisari, and formed 820,000 years ago.
- Paroxysmal explosive eruptions caused Ngadisari village to collapse and formed the Caldera. Cemoro Lawang wall was formed by large amounts of ignimbrite flows.
- Paroxysmal explosive eruptions formed the present structure of the outer caldera.
- Recent volcanic activity occurred at six eruption vents inside the caldera.
- At 2015 Eruption was raised to level 3 alert (Siaga) on 4th December 2015 after an increase in volcanic earthquakes. An exclusion zone of 2.5 km radius was placed around the crater.
- 2012, The alert level was raised to level 2 (Waspada) on 3rd October 2012, after an increase in amplitude of volcanic tremor. A 1 km exclusion zone was placed around the crater. Visual observations reported thin white emissions rising 50 m above the crater.
2010-11 Eruption Activity
- Seismic activity increased in November 2010. Between 1-7 November two shallow volcanic earthquakes were detected. This increased to 540 between 8-14 November, and 354 between 15-21 November. Continuous tremor was recorded at the volcano on 22-23 November. Bromo Mountain was raised to highest level 4 alert on 23rd November 2010.
- An eruption of ash occurred on Friday 26th November. Ash reached 500 m above the crater.
- On 28th January 2011 ash emissions from the Crater caused the cancellation of some international flights to Bali. Thousands of passengers were affected by disrupted flight schedules after ash emissions from Mount Bromo reached Bali on 27th January. A volcanic ash advisory reported ash emissions extending 200 nautical miles east of the volcano, and rising to a height of 18,000 ft.
- Two people were killed during an eruption of Mount Bromo on 8th June 2004. The phreatic eruption lasted 20 minutes. Many buildings in the nearby towns of Malang and Probolinggo were covered by a light coating of ash 2 hours after the eruption. On 29th November 2000 an explosion occurred at Bromo volcano mountain. An ash plume drifted 40 km from the crater.
- On 3rd March 1995 an eruption from this Mount produced ashfall 20 km away.
- Eruptions began at in early June 1980. Incandescent tephra was ejected, and glowing bombs reached 400 m from the crater. On 21st June ash emissions reached a height of 900 m. During the peak eruptions on 20-21 June, 480 explosions were recorded during a 24 hour period.
- Eruptions occured from 15 February to 27 March 1948 destroyed 500 hectares of land on the NE of the volcano. This was the strongest eruption at the volcano since 1804.
- On 7th August 1929 eruptions began at Mount Bromo. Ash fell over Malang until 25th August.
Mount Bromo Tour from Bali, Surabaya, Malang, Yogjakarta :
- Mt Bromo Midnight Tour
- Mt Bromo Milky Way Tour 2 Days
- Mount Bromo Ijen Crater Tour Package 3 Days
- Ijen Crater Tour, Bromo Tour Package 3 Days
- Bromo Tour, Semeru Volcano Trekking 4 Days
- White Water Rafting, Bromo Sunrise Tour 2 Days
- Blue Flame Ijen Crater, Sukamade Tour, Bromo Tour 4 Days
If you think that enjoy the vacation in Mount Bromo Eruption, make you are worry something dislike, You can choose other interested places in Java Island, Indonesia that also categorized in nature tour Because Java Island has various interesting places to enjoy. Detail information about Mount Bromo Tour Package Price, accommodation and facility You can visit Our Contact.